Search This Blog

Friday 3 October 2014

Daniel Sturridge to follow in footsteps of Eric Cantona and Vinnie Jones... by taking up acting after football!

Daniel Sturridge was taking part in a fashion shoot for Esquire magazine and the Liverpool striker admits he is tempted to take up acting

Eric Cantona and Vinnie Jones cracked it, but will Daniel Sturridge? The Liverpool striker has admitted he fancies dabbling in the movie business once his football career comes to an end.
The England forward has been enjoying the company of supermodels and designers at London Fashion Week, while also recently appearing in his first professional shoot for Esquire magazine.read more @ onlinetotalsport.blogspot.com

Daniel Sturridge has admitted going into acting is something he'd give serious consideration to when he eventually retires from football


     Sturridge, who recently took part in a shoot with Esquire, has revealed he loved drama class at school
           The Liverpool striker features in November's edition of Esquire magazine


Sturridge scores against Southampton in the opening game of this season's Premier League campaign
 
There is an expectation that if you do a sport, any sport, you should never have a life outside of that, he said. 'People expect you to just train, play, train. But that's not me.

'I loved drama class at school. I never took it seriously as I was playing football. But maybe when I retire, I'll have a dabble.' 
As controversy surrounds his imminent return from a thigh injury and subsequent absence from Roy Hodgson's latest England squad, the 25-year-old will be seen modelling jackets in the magazine's November issue.
While many may disagree, Sturridge insisted that not all footballer's are badly dressed as he praised some of his teammate's style credentials.
'Hendo (Jordan Henderson) dresses quite well. (Mamadou) Sakho is very dressy, he'll show up for training in a smart shirt and shoes, though I think that's a Parisian thing. Brad Jones has a go. Loves a blazer, Brad Jones...' he said.
As the national team prepare for Euro 2016 qualifiers against San Marino and Estonia without their first choice centre forward, Sturridge reflected on England's ill-fated World Cup campaign in Brazil.
'Obviously, it was disappointing. But I lived one of my dreams: I scored a goal at the World Cup. I feel that I gave a good account of myself.'

Daniel Sturridge realised his dream of scoring at the World Cup after netting against Italy


No comments:

Post a Comment